Thursday 22 March 2012

It wasn't to be

Not this week anyway.  I am still at 49.5lb loss and that is okay.  I had a great week with everything pointed and my exercise routine back in place.  Maybe next week I will get one of my amazing losses, time will tell.

Update on my two friends.  J and I went to visit and deliver presents to A she looked awful and fabulous all at the same time.  After major brain surgery she is doing brilliantly.  We can't get over how brave she is.  Brave is a word so many of our friends are using for her now.  How she manages to carry on from day to day is unbelievable.  She has such strength and for all of us witnessing it, it is amazing.  All the small inconsequential things that we worry about day to day really are not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

As for my other friend.  We finally found out that she also had a brain tumour.  First of all we were all in complete shock.  How often do you have a close group of friends within which two get diagnosed with a brain tumour and have major surgery within 12 days of each other?  There is better news for V, it is not cancer and hopefully now that the tumour has been removed she will recover well.  When I found out I just burst in to tears.  I felt devastated that this was happening again to someone we are so close to.  We just have to keep praying that the surgery was all that was needed and her brain will recover so that she can continue to enjoy her life.

After such a knock within our close knit group we all felt that we needed to do something.  I mentioned that I was going to do our local Ra.ce For Li.fe and many of the other girls also said that they would like to join in.  I signed myself and two others up and since then our Team has grown to 15 members with many others who have told me they will sign up also.  It is definitely going to be a day to bring us closer and to raise much needed funds for Can.cer Res.earch UK.  A way to honour our friend while she is still with us.

After the race itself we have a BBQ arranged and I am hoping to organise a raffle.  That is the next thing on my list.  I need to think of prizes and ways of getting local businesses to donate.  If any of you have any other ideas for me to help raise as much money for the charity then it really will be appreciated.  I want to keep things as simple as possible though.  Am I aiming too high to try and get an i.pad donated, I guess we will just have to see how generous people are going to be.  There is plenty of time to get this organised though as the big day isn't until June 24th.  Wish me luck in getting it all done, though with 14 others in my team I am sure they will have some ideas and will want to help.

I also need to set a target, I think I will hold off on that until I am sure of the numbers taking part.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your friends. It's so tough to see a good friend suffer. I think what you are doing is amazing though, both for them and for you! Thanks for your support! Much love friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your friends having such rotten luck. I hope that the surgery will help both of them. You are such a wonderful person to be running a race. I do hope you get the ipad donated. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete